TCF background information
TCF was developed with four main goals:
· Independent/voluntary organised
· Broaden the scope of discussion from a TDL focus to include wider, mission-critical Tactical Comms themes (TDLs,
Identification (IFF) and tactical communication radios.
· To be impartial and low-cost to attend.
· To meet the exact requirements of attendees by ensuring that all attendees are able to contribute ideas.
TDL domain is well accommodated in terms of opportunities for peer-meetings, but that the scope was not broad enough to include the many mission-critical and technical issues in the tactical communications domain.
The TCF is
· Discussion Forum: no exhibition, emphasis on discussion during and after briefs.
· Size: large enough for a variety of viewpoints, small enough to keep discussions productive.
· Open: attendance and presentations accepted from any corner, level and rank of the community.
· Informal: emphasis on productive discussion, with opportunities for a pleasant business trip.
· Impartial and unbiased: no commercial interest, ran by the community for the community.
· The Organisation: Anyone can help with the organisation of the event, have your say.